Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!

It's hard to believe that 2008 just flew by; there was so much that went on during the year that it just made it a blur. However, I can say that 2008 was a good year for Mr. ST and myself and 2009 is going to be even better.

We had a super quiet NYE. Since I am still fighting the multitude of problems, it just was better for us to say in and relax. That we did. We watched "Shrek 2", which Mr. ST just laughs all the way through, and then we watched on of the many NYE festivities. Needless to say, we never made it to midnight. Well, I woke up at midnight to all the fireworks, so that I could go and get another swig of the cough medicine, since the first dose was not doing it's job. It was not eventful! LOL . We both slept in until about 7:30 am which is unusual for us to do. My Dad came in from East Texas to bring my computer that he had restored for me so we have been enjoying a nice visit. My mom did not accompany him on this trip as she drove to Ft. Worth to visit my grandparents. My grandfather was released from the hospital yesterday and she went up to see him and see if she could help my grandmother. Gpa is really not doing well at all. The dementia has gotten worse and he's pretty dependent on others. It's so sad ...

I have spent today doing a little of my "goals" that I set to paper yesterday. I have a thing about magazines. I like to buy them. Don't know why, I just do. I have a bad habit of holding on to them for no apparent reason. So today, I took a stack that I had accumulated and went through every one of them. I cut out recipes, menus or items of interest that deem further research and then ditched the magazine. Now, I just need to make sure that do that research, get the information I need and then ditch that piece of paper. As well, I need to do that to all the saved magazines that I have in my "cookbook cabinet". I have every single Paula Deen Magazine since it's inception and I haven't touched them since. So I am going to go through those and thin them out as well. I think it's a good step forward to getting that organization under control.

Well, I am going to sign off for now. I am just about finished with the scarf I am knitting for my scarf exchange, and I want to get moving on it. I have a deadline to meet and I am bound and determined to do so.

More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment