Sunday, January 4, 2009

So much for a relaxing Sunday.

I had high hopes of having a relaxing Sunday. Sit back, knit a bit, watch movies on HBO, and not do anything. Yeah, that didn't happen. Instead, I worked from home. It's month end and at the last minute on Friday I received bad news that an invoice that I had received before Christmas, and had coded for payment was wrong. To only make matters worse, it was day 1 of close, and I had already submitted the original invoice file to AP for booking and payment. That only aggravated me to no end. At the last minute, I am having to code the additional file and BEG for mercy from the gal in AP to let me submit the accrual on Monday. She's being sweet and allowing me to do so, therefore I spent a good part of yesterday and today coding that invoice. I have to pull large files from the server via the VPN so thus, it was a slow, painful process. Yeah, I could have gone to the office and do it there, but I really didn't want to do that. Oh well, at least I accomplished what I was needing to do.

So now, I am sitting on the couch, updating the blog, knitting on my scarf and watching my all time favorite movie "You've Got Mail". I am such a sucker for Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks movies. "Sleepless in Seattle" is another favorite of mine. Even more so, it closely parallels "An Affair to Remember". Of course the husband is rolling his eyes and making snide remarks. I am used to this and will sometimes have to prompt him to go to his room and watch his football.

I am getting over the sickness and I am so happy about that. There's hope that I can get to the gym this week and start back on my routine. Hopefully we won't have any disruptions to that routine. I am, also, hoping to join Weight Watchers later this month. They have a new program called "Momentum" and it looks interesting. My biggest issue is stress eating and bored eating. So they are offering something like filling foods which I think might help.

Well, I am off to hopefully finish my scarf tonight or at least get close so that I can send it off to Norway by end of the week. More tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment