Saturday, January 31, 2009

Which team are you rooting for?

That was the question I had this afternoon, when picking up the dog from the groomers. I had told her that we were having a few friends over for the Superbowl game. What a good question, I have not a freaking clue. I am more interested in eating the hot wings and watching the Superbowl commercials!! The commercials are the best!! But if I had to choose a team to win, I think it would have to be the Cardinals. I guess I like the underdog! LOL.

It's been a somewhat busy week. Month end close came up as quickly as Christmas did this year. I stared and stared at numbers for two days and I think that I have crossed my eyes on a permanent basis. But I stayed late on Friday so that I could get them all in just in time. That way I can take Monday off to recover from the party! Hahaha.

I joined Weight Watchers about three weeks ago and I have lost five pounds. of course most of that was in the first week; but this week, I didn't budge. No gain, no loss. I guess that is good, but still, it's depressing. I know what my problem is and that is I am not being as diligent in writing down everything that enters my mouth. I did that faithfully the first week, but not sense then. So I need to get my shit together and get on the ball. I think, no I KNOW that I am going to do better this week as there's an incentive dangling in my face. My leader, Brenda, is piloting a program with all her meetings that will give us/me the support that I need. Without going into it, for 90 days, we will be exchanging ideas/trackers each week. This will make me accountable. Which is what I need. I have all the tools now, a new digital scale, measuring spoons, etc. I am going to do it. I need to lose at least 30 lbs... I have to do it.

I learned a new trick in knitting this week. It's called the Magic Loop method. Though, I think that I am doing it somewhat wrong, since everything I knit appears to be knitted inside out. I am hoping that I can find a class or demonstration on how to do it properly. Though I can find videos online, I think that I do better with hands on help. But I am excited to learn this method because I have tried to knit on the DPN's and I just can't do it. Too much to hold on to and to remember. Less is More for me!! As for my sweater; well, I had to rip it out YET again. I messed up a row and that caused me to get the pattern out of sync. I couldn't leave it as is because it was so farking obvious that I had messed up. So I started to frog it. Until I dropped two stitches in the pattern. At that point, I had to take it all out. Oh well, third time's a charm. Though something good comes out of it; I did get some help with the eyelets row and trying to space out them out evenly. One of my bunco partners clued me in on what to do correctly. !!

Speaking of Bunco, we had that this week as well. This month, it was my turn to bring the gifts. I think I did really good this month as it seemed that everyone loved them. We had a few new people and we are about to start our new year in February. I love having Bunco as it's a nice night to get out and have a good time. My friend and I met up and then went over to Halfpint's house for a glass of wine, or two, before hand. That was fun; and I just LOVE Halfpint's house. She's got it decorated so beautifully!! I am very jealous and I am thinking that I need to hang out with her more often!! One of the other members brought a bottle of wine to enjoy. However the hostess did not have a bottle opener. (they don't drink). Never fear, SweetThang to the rescue!! With a knife and my teeth, I got that sucker out!! It was hilarious!! Good thing that it was a synthetic cork!! Putting the knife in the cork and turning it, it didn't break or crumble like the real corks.

Well, I guess I should sign off for now. DH and I are watching the first season of Saturday Night Live on the DVD. It was a Christmas gift that I had wanted!! The first five years of the SNL was, by far and in my opinion, the best there ever was!

So long and GO CARDINALS!

No comments:

Post a Comment