Sunday, January 11, 2009

What makes you excited?

It gets funny every time we have to purchase a new appliance. Last year, we purchased a new refrigerator. I was so excited about a refrigerator that I just amazed myself. Now we have a new washing machine and yet again, I was excited. Who knew that when you get older, the strangest things excite you. As a teenager, a cool purse or concert tickets were thrilling; as a young, professional adult, it was a raise, or purchasing a new car. As an older adult, like I am now, it's an appliance. It's just too funny!! I wonder when I get much older, what I will get excited about? Will it be dentures? or getting the to actually join AARP? Or getting the senior discounts? I guess as we get older, things just change!

It's been a pretty OK weekend. I had to take my mom and dad to the airport on Saturday morning. They flew out to California to see my Great, Great Aunt for the week. She's really about the only relative that my dad is still close to on his side. She turns 90 next week, and they wanted to spend it with her. She's the sweetest lady ever! I wished that I could be there as well, however, we will not be able to do so. Instead, I believe that we are going to send her a beautiful flower arrangement to let her know that we are thinking of her. As well, I need to get all her cards in the mail tomorrow! Happy 90th Birthday Aunt M!

But I must tell you about the story on the "trip to the airport". On Friday night, I asked my Dad what time we needed to leave the house for the airport. It's about a 30 min ride from my house to IAH on a Saturday morning. He tells me that we need to leave about 6:30 am. They always try to get there at least two hours (good rule of thumb!). I believe, and I think that he did too, that their flight was at 9:15 am. Saturday rolls around and I am up at 5:45 am and piddling around the house before getting ready to leave at the appointed time. At 6:00 am, Mom yells my name and says 'We have to leave NOW! Your Daddy misread the times; the flight BOARDS at 6:35 am!!!". So, I was dressed in less than 1 min, socks on my feet, tennis shoes in my hand and my purse! We hit the road, with my mother saying "we are not going to make it, we are not going to make it." I drove just a tad over the speed limit at 70 mph. I pulled up to the terminal drop off at exactly 6:37 am. the flight was leaving at 7:15 am. they still had to check the bag, get through security and to the gate. Mom still contending that they wont make it, I parked the car, jumped out in my socks, yanked out the luggage (dad can't lift anything heavy at the moment), throw them out on the sidewalk, give the parental units kisses goodbye and a "call me and let me know if you make it on or not.". by 6:40 am, I was on my way out the airport. At about 7:10 am, Mom called and they had made the flight! Damn! I am a good daughter!

I started Weight Watchers yesterday morning (after I left the airport, I headed to the meeting). And I am pretty stoked about it. They have a new program called "Momentum" and I think that it's going to be pretty easy to work with. There's focus on eating filling foods, and there's quite a bit that are marked as those that I like. My issue is boredom eating and stress eating. So working within those filling foods and zero point foods is going to really help me out. I just have to remember everything that I "B.L.T." = Bite, Lick, Taste! The leader at the 7 am class is supercharged and great! The class is charged with excitement and that makes me excited. When I did WW about a year ago, the leader of the class i went to was not that enthusiastic! The leader can make all the difference! So now, 7 am will be my meeting on Saturday mornings, which will allow me to take my spin class at the gym at 8:30 am! Doubly good!

Nothing much on the knitting front at the moment. I need to wet block my scarf and get it sent out this week to my exchange partner in Norway. I will take pictures and post later.

Time to move around MORE laundry!! Have a super week!

No comments:

Post a Comment